Thursday, October 20, 2011

No iBooks Version?

Well, as much as I'd like to have a version of The Restraining Order, and all my subsequent short stories, available that's directly readable in Apple's iBooks app, that won't be happening for a while because of the requirement that I have an ISBN for each "book."

The process for getting an ISBN isn't all that hard, but it is $25 per title, and so far, I've only sold 13 copies of the first story.

I know, it's a chicken/egg thing. Will making the stories directly available to users of iOS devices bring me to a larger audience, and end up paying for itself and then some? I'd certainly like to think that. I'll see how the next story does, and then decide.

In the meantime there are Nook and Kindle apps for your iOS devices. Check out the sidebar on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment